Monday, January 18, 2010

Quinn's new coat


Quinn, the ram lamb, is now sporting a lovely emerald green 100% wool sweater to keep him warm for the impending cold weather that's sure to come again soon. I managed to remove the rest of his fleece, but I let him keep his belly wool (which isn't prime wool anyway) to keep him warm underneath and his britch wool which doesn't seem inclined to roo. I'll keep an eye on it to see if it is trying to shed, then I can collect it later. The other lambs were quite curious about the new emerald green lamb and would come up to him and sniff and give him a shove. In case you are concerned about Quinn, he'll be fine. When I took off the initial wool a couple of days ago, he came out of his shelter and I thought what a silly ram he was, but then I saw him jump in the air and kick up his heels just like all the other healthy lambs do. Its something he hadn't done since before he was hurt by the other rams. He's a hardy, resilient little lamb that's typical of this breed of sheep....Shetland.

The "girls" on the other side getting to know the "new" guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment