After work Friday night, I arrived to find 2 adorable brown lambs, already dry and standing up, staying very close to their doting mother Emma who was protecting them from all the other girls. I shuffled the other girls out and coaxed Emma into the lambing pen by carrying her lambs at her nose level. 2 nice big ram lambs from a mother who is looking pretty scrappy having lost a lot of her wool from her neck, shoulders and upper back. This is also her first set of twins, having had singles in her first 2 years. The darkest brown ram lamb is called Espresso, while we have named the light brown ram lamb Cappucino. This appears to be a breeding from the right ram, Two Bars. The lambs are very cute and are so content and calm. I let them out a day later and they stick to their mother like glue, following right by her side. They will frequently take to following Brianna or I as we move about the shed and yard.
No comments:
Post a Comment