Sunday, May 2, 2010

Some cute pictures

Today was quiet on the homefront with no new lambs, but I managed to snap a few very cute pictures.
Here is Elphaba with her ewe lamb Giselle. Remember when I said that Giselle had the long legs of a ballet dancer. She doesn't look disproportionate, but her is a picture where I caught her lying down to nurse on mom. She'd start standing up, bumb in the air and then she'd lie right down, still nursing. She did that 2 times. Too funny!
Here I caught Bok Choy checking out the lambs at the fence line. Orion got to meet Grandpa!
These 2 ewe lambs are some of the first lambs born this year and they are regular buddies. On the left is Gypsy (Emma's daughter) and on the right is Rawnie (Peaches daughter). They look like I just caught them about to get into trouble. These are very nice Katmoget ewe lambs out of Twist, my white ram.
I should be asleep, but tonight when I put the sheep in for the night, Annie seemed like something was up. I'm expecting her to have her first set of twins this year. Her udder is big enough. I decided to put her in one of the lambing pens. I've already gone to check on her, but nothing yet, although she is definitely in labour. It may be a long night...I'll likely go to bed but keep an ear out for any abnormal noises...otherwise, I should wake up to newborn lambs in the morning. I'm nervous...this year I haven't noticed any girls about to start labour...they've all just been there with their lambs...Annie is the first one I've noticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment