
This past weekend, 2 new ewes were sprung from their 2 week quarantine in the barn, to join my ewe flock. On the right is Ewenique Diana showing off her newly shorn body. She is a small 2 year old musket ewe with a beautiful light coloured fleece. She's sweet and spunky and I like her a lot. I obtained her in a trade for last year's

ram Twist from my friend Danielle. Her companion on the left is a mule cross ewe lamb (cross between a Shetland ewe and a Blue-Faced Leicester ram). I couldn't resist her fleece and as I told Hugh, she was to keep Diana company while in quarantine, so I
had to get her. She's very interesting looking, because she has the big BFL ears and the longer tail. The 2 girls are good friends now and hang out together constantly as they face the many head butts they are getting from my other girls as the order gets re-established in the flock. They are making it challenging for the night-time shepherd, Aidan to get them in at night, because they are essentially afraid to go in the barn and not yet bonded with the flock. Soon, I'll be shaking things up again as I wean my remaining 4 ewe lambs from their moms to set up my breeding groups for November.
No comments:
Post a Comment