As I was putting the sheep in for the night, there in the pasture was a very small lamb. There are 13 girls out there and that lamb belonged to one of them. The ewe that seems attached to the lamb is Felicity, one of the 7 ewe lambs from last year that I had kept out of the breeding group, but got accidentally bred by the ram busting through the gate last November. Sure enough, it was her lamb. She is a first time mom and seemed a bit freaked out by it all. I tried to get her into one of the lambing pens, but she got in with Emma and her lamb of a few days ago and each mom started attacking the other's lamb. Felicity's lamb is a ram. He has one floppy ear. He also seems a bit weak and will cry occasionally. He seems very sleepy, but he is just born. I'm going to have to watch him and Felicity closely. They will likely stay in the pen for the next day to make sure they are bonding well.
Shuffling things around, I had to put Emma and Gypsy in with the girls in waiting. Peaches and her lamb Rawnie are doing well. Rawnie seemed weak/wobbly earlier, but she has picked up nicely and I've caught her doing little lamb bounces. She weighs 2.95 kg which is a good size. They will be going outside tomorrow as well as Tess and Vespera who was born late last night.
Off to check on everybody before bed...
Shuffling things around, I had to put Emma and Gypsy in with the girls in waiting. Peaches and her lamb Rawnie are doing well. Rawnie seemed weak/wobbly earlier, but she has picked up nicely and I've caught her doing little lamb bounces. She weighs 2.95 kg which is a good size. They will be going outside tomorrow as well as Tess and Vespera who was born late last night.
Off to check on everybody before bed...
No comments:
Post a Comment