Monday, April 26, 2010

White

An early check this morning in the sheep barn showed that Felicity's little ram lamb is hanging in there. I'm thinking he is premature, he is so small and sleepy and I was not expecting her to be due so early. She is not cooperative either when I try to make sure he is getting milk. She runs around the pen like a lunatic and head butts me. I managed to see him drinking from her, but I don't think he is sucking well either. She has lots of milk, but he just tastes, licking his lips. I have to keep rubbing him to keep him awake to feed. I'm going to put a little sweater on him to make sure he stays warm. He's adorable though. A Katmoget again...maybe Twist isn't white after all....

....and there on the other side with the girls in waiting is an all-white big ram lamb out of Morgan. So Twist is white after all. Morgan had trouble last year giving birth to her first lamb...a big girl (Nessa Rose). This year seems to have been just fine as she wasn't observed or assisted. She gives me big lambs, probably all that duck feed she got earlier on when she would raid the ducks house and get trapped inside eating her food. I have to name my first ever white lamb. I have named him Orion which is Greek for son of fire or light; sunrise because he was born just around sunrise.

Morgan with lamb Orion

No comments:

Post a Comment